New Watch List: Emerging Opportunities

After reviewing the current watch lists, we designed a new model to find stocks most likely to outperform the market over the next 30 days. This scan runs every 20 minutes and assigns a buy opportunity ranking to every stock. The top 50 opportunities are listed from the entire pool of 7000 stocks.

Visit the spreadsheet

7 Response to New Watch List: Emerging Opportunities

August 1, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Hi, I just joined Stockbee and found your site through a link from there to here.

You said that "this scan runs every 20 minutes and assigns a buy opportunity ranking to every stock." Does that mean the list will continually change over the next 30 days or does it mean these same stocks will stay on the list but how you rank them will change? I like the potential for this list and just wanted to make sure I understood it. Thanks.

August 1, 2010 at 5:44 PM

It is a dynamic list which changes during market hours based on price data and volume data. The ranking is assigned dynamically based on those two variables in addition to other variables. Best way to use the list is to use it for finding pullbacks and then buying those stocks on breakout. So if you use the breakout scan on this list as against other lists like IBD 100/200, you have higher probability of finding winning trade.
There are two critical decision involved in trading one is which stock to trade and the other is timing decision. Timing deals with when to enter and when to exit. This list primarily answers first question, which stock to buy. The ranking narrows down the 7000 stock universe to 50 stocks with high probability. You need a timing method to time these.

Hope that helps.Feel free to contact me or Dan in case you need further clarification.

August 1, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Dan= Patientfisherman

August 2, 2010 at 11:46 AM

The VSurge field is used in several of your lists.
What is the definition or VSurge?

Thanks
Jim

August 2, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Jim -
This stands for Volume Surge. We take the average volume for the past 100 days and compare it against today's volume to come up with a result. So, if that column was at 100, we are at 1x greater the average 100 day volume.

Let me know if you have more questions,
Dan

August 8, 2010 at 5:52 AM

Dan, Thank you for providing this list-it is a great starting point! I am new to trading-so just getting my feet wet and trying to learn everything I can. I found this list through the Stockbee blog I receive on my kindle-and it has been the BEST! My question is this: How do I interpret the significance of the numbers listed under 30DGrwth/cPct/VSrg? I read the above post regarding Volume Surge so I understand that, but the others? Also, if I pull this list on a nontrading day-will this make the numbers less valid? Thank you so very much for your assistance and patience with a newbie! Heather

August 12, 2010 at 2:23 PM

30DayGrowth - We normally look for stocks with growth under 10% for entry.

cPCT - Today's percent change, we use 4% as an entry signal. See the StockBee MDT Breakout for more details.

The list is updated with the latest data so it is valid on weekends and other non-trading days.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Post a Comment